REGISTRAR AND DATABASE ADMINISTRATOR
POSITION OBJECTIVE: The Registrar performs a variety of general office clerical duties and is responsible for work in the registration and transfer of students, and in preparation and maintenance of student records. The Database Administrator manages the school database, including all updates and maintenance of the programs. Both positions work closely with faculty and staff. Both the Registrar and Database Administrator require a person that is responsible, reliable, and dependable and realizes the importance of fulfilling obligations. The description and responsibilities below cover the most significant duties performed but do not exclude assignments not mentioned. The position requires excellent written and oral communication skills, strong customer service skills, an advanced knowledge and experience with the Microsoft Office Suite. Experience with database and/or Crystal Reports is desirable.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required.
- Bachelor’s degree preferred or high school diploma and a minimum of five years’ experience in a similar position.
- An extremely well-organized, detail-oriented individual who has a high energy level together with an accompanying sense of urgency.
- Bright, hard-working and enthusiastic with a serious commitment to excellence.
- Industrious, independent-minded and determined, with a drive to achieve results.
- Ability to handle confidential material and situations with discretion and sensitivity.
- Well-developed interpersonal skills to deal effectively with a wide range of school constituents.
- A person of unquestioned integrity who has an impeccable reputation, who honors commitments, and who deals with people in a straightforward and personal way.
- An accessible and approachable people person with a good sense of humor.
- Flexibility and the ability to multitask.
- Must demonstrate competency with basic word processing, spreadsheet, PowerPoint and Internet functions. Experience with school's database highly preferred.
- Ability to use basic office equipment.
- Creates and maintains the registrar database for all current students in all divisions. Updates records with changes made through the School’s web site.
- Works with the constituent manager to maintain consistent contact information between the web site and database.
- Provides accurate student/parent information for the School Directory.
- Supervises corrections made to the database and works with other administrative departments to assure accuracy and consistency of data.
- Manages all correspondence related to student records for all divisions of the School including the copying and preparation of student records for mailing to other schools.
- Executes placement and release of record holds after obtaining authorization by administrative personnel.
- Transfers records of all students not returning and obtains transcripts for all transfer students.
- Imports reenrollment data.
- Adds, updates and removes website online modules users as needed.
- Trains faculty and staff in database applications.
- Assists admissions, development, school nurse, finance department, human resources, division heads, and division assistants with use of database.
- Provides routine reports to school administration (enrollment data, GPA rankings, etc.).
- Provides institutional research for institutional, federal and accrediting reports.
- Assigns student ID numbers and manages ID Cards.
- Updates and maintains the faculty online grades module to enter grades and run progress reports.
- Supports faculty in the use of online grades module.
- Manages and prepares all report cards for all divisions using the online grades system.
- Handles all grade changes and incompletes in US and MS divisions.
- Maintains and updates Physical Education credit from athletic rosters.
- Manages all transcript requests, preparation and printing of transcripts, and enrollment verification services.
- Prints all transcripts for alumni.
- Maintains all transcript changes and consistency for College Guidance office.
- Manages and updates policies and procedures for usage of the database systems.
- Provides technical support related to usage of and problems with database and its online applications. Works with database vendor and Information Technology Department to assure that all technical matters are properly resolved and communicated to end users.
- Maintains the parent access modules.
- Supports all users including parents and students in the use of these modules.
- Manages entry of all US course requests, drop/add, pass/fail and withdraw requests.
- Updates special items for US transfer students and graduation requirements.
- Sets up timetables in the database for each division.
- Makes schedules available for MS and US students and faculty each semester.
- Creates new courses and maintains course numbers for US and supervises naming of courses for MS.
- Provides support to all personnel involved in scheduling.