New Media Specialist
Reporting to the director of marketing and communications, the person in this position designs, develops, and produces a variety of computer, Web and/or multimedia graphics, animation, video production, sound and/or content materials to support program and school needs.
Responsible for computer-based, Web-based, or multimedia-based layout, graphics, animation, video, sound and/or content for use in presentations, video productions, multimedia programs, Web sites, CDs, DVDs, emails, and other electronic media.
Responsible for keeping up on current trends in social media, and the creative use of such tools.
Perform technical duties in the production of video products for broadcasts, CDs, video streaming, and other field and studio video productions. This includes operating and maintaining video editing equipment including edit controllers, video cameras, hard disk video recorders, video distribution switchers, and audio mixers; maintaining the server for digital photograph and video archives; utilizing state of the art production tools to design and produce video and graphic materials.
Responsible for maintaining a consistent graphic identity for the school using existing logos and text marks. This includes working within the communications office as well as with the admission office, athletics office, and school store (among others) to ensure consistency and proper use of school logos and colors.
- Degree in communications, graphic design, technology or related fields is required along with three years’ experience. A combination of education and experience will also be considered.
- Experience and competency in the use of: Adobe Creative Suite (including but not limited to Premiere Pro, Photoshop, Illustrator, Flash, and InDesign), Microsoft Office, html/Java (or comparable programming language), graphics development tools, Windows operating system
THE IDEAL CANDIDATE WILL:
- Possess strong organizational skills with proven ability to plan, coordinate, and implement multiple projects simultaneously under tight deadlines;
- Communicate persuasively, both in writing and with video/graphics;
- Display excellent interpersonal skills;
- Work independently and collaboratively;
- Show enthusiasm, creativity and initiative