Help Desk Support Specialist
- Troubleshoot, resolve, or escalate all hardware, software, phone, a/v, and operating system problems
- Support faculty, students, and administrators in their use of general software applications
- Install, configure, maintain, repair and upgrade computer software, computer hardware, and related peripherals
- Respond to telephone calls, emails, and in-person requests for technical support
- Maintain timely and accurate records of support issues using tech-support-email, spreadsheets and help desk management system
- Delegate and escalate issues to appropriate tech department colleagues
- Monitor all support requests to ensure timely resolution
- Document troubleshooting processes and resulting problem resolutions
- Openly and broadly share problem resolutions
- Make effective use of Help Desk records to identify patterns, systemic problems, and end-user training needs.
- Maintain timely and accurate inventory records for all technology equipment and software using spreadsheets and inventory management system
- Provide AV support to school functions as needed
- Unpack, configure, and inventory new computer equipment
- Install and test software updates as directed
- Maintain and transport mobile computer resources (e.g. computer carts)
- Manage reservation calendars for equipment (e.g. computer carts, projectors, etc.)
- Monitor the use of consumable computer, printer and copier supplies and orders supplies as needed
- Keep Tech Department storage areas orderly and secure
- Perform preventive maintenance on computer systems, printers, and equipment as needed
- Arrange for equipment repair (printers, etc.) as needed
- Participate in end-user events, as appropriate, e.g. faculty, student, parent training sessions
- Other duties as assigned
- Knowledge of computer operating system and office suite.
- Experience with hardware, printers, projectors, digital cameras, etc.
- Understanding of networked environments
- Ability to work with individuals with a range of technological expertise in a courteous and professional manner
- Ability to remain calm and supportive with users in the midst of a technology "crisis"
- Demonstrated ability to effectively communicate in a team environment
- Detail oriented, organized, self-motivated and punctual
- Ability to work independently and handle multiple projects simultaneously and to prioritize tasks
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills