Director of Website Services
The successful candidate will participate in School community events and should be comfortable interacting with students, parents, trustees, alumni, external vendors and colleagues. The candidate will be well versed in online best practices, with a keen ability to prioritize and manage details. S/he will support all aspects of the school’s web content management system and all other school web pages including locally served websites, discussion boards, survey tools, online payment processing, etc. S/he will manage daily content posting with an understanding of the needs of both internal and external audiences. We are looking for someone who will be able to promote the Web as an instrumental educational, marketing, and communications tool, and train/collaborate with school constituents in its use. In consultation with appropriate colleagues, s/he also updates the school’s presence on Facebook, Twitter, Youtube, and other forms of electronic communication as assigned. The ideal candidate will be flexible, pro-active and dynamic, with superb writing and interpersonal communication skills. This team player will have a successful track record of managing the myriad aspects of a versatile website, working with internal stakeholders and outside vendors to insure a smooth workflow.
Administration & Management:
- Manage an innovative and comprehensive set of evolving websites and web services for the School.
- Ensure the integration of content from web and print communications.
- Proactively manage all editorial guidelines and policies, and communicates these to stakeholders proactively.
- Manage vendors providing hosting, support, and upgrades to the school’s web services.
- Develop protocols and train teachers, administrators, staff, and parent volunteers to post content and manage their own pages/sites/email pushes.
- Implement tools to support various departments—such as ticket purchasing, event registration, and donations—to insure optimal functionality for all internal constituents.
- Liaise with internal departments and the Parent Association to assist with online needs, including the creation of forms, event registration, donations, and school store.
- Continuously improve the website with new and innovative ways to serve school needs and implement best practices, including end-user training on new functionality.
- Ensure a consistent and user-friendly graphic design across all of the school’s online presence consistent with print communication
- Provide support in managing the school’s media archives and digitization/posting of archival material.
- Manage the support and training of parents in using the school's web services.
- Encourage and assist faculty and staff who are creating/editing their educational websites.
- Support delivering school curricula through distance learning technologies.
- In conjunction with academic-tech specialist, supports the school’s internet safety curriculum.
- Supports online professional development efforts for faculty.
- Provide support for student projects creating websites
Content Development & Management
- Oversee the creation of high-quality interactive website content to assure proper tone, messaging and effectiveness, in collaboration with stakeholders.
- Write, review and edit online content to best represent the School.
- Manage the publishing rhythm for regular updates to assigned site sections.
- Champion the creation of timely, accurate and engaging content and ensures that all major school events are appropriately recorded and published online using still photographs and video recordings in streaming format
- Attend school events and takes photographs/video, and/or manage schedule for outside and volunteer photographers.
- Retouch and format images and video for use on the school's websites.
- Cross-publish content on various social media outlets.
- Analyze year-over-year site metrics (such as unique visitors, visits and page views).
- Increase traffic to the site by improving SEO.
- Monitor the effectiveness of email campaigns.
- Strategically evaluate website content or functionality addition requests to define goals, refine project plan and set specific deliverables & timelines.
- Analyzes the school's website traffic with the use of statistics, metrics, stakeholder and marketing feedback to develop content strategies and maximize usage of the site.
- Ensures relevancy of site-search results and improves site-search functionality.
- Create a matrix documenting each area of the website and identify who is responsible for managing the content of that area.
- Research, assess, and report on emerging web and internet technologies.
- Bachelor’s degree
- At least two years of experience managing a website that targets both internal and external constituents.
- Self-starter with excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Basic understanding of HTML, CSS, and web graphic formats with an ability to manage projects utilizing these protocols.
- Outstanding skills with Web-related software such as Adobe Creative Suite and video editing software (such as Final Cut).
- Solid project management skills to oversee several projects concurrently and meet deadlines effectively.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and substantial experience in supporting adults to use a wide variety of technology.
- Experience using a content management system in a professional environment. Knowledge of Blackbaud’s Online Campus Community is a huge plus.
- Strong interpersonal skills to build consensus in a collegial work environment.
- Demonstrated experience managing cms driven websites
- Proven ability to write/edit compelling content; strong familiarity with editorial best practices.
- Familiarity with web publishing standards, content development, web technologies and workflow within teams.
- Effective time and task management skills to drive and complete multiple tasks in a high-throughput environment.
- Well-versed in information design and user-friendly effective interface design
- Portfolio of websites for review
- Strong knowledge of PhotoShop, Dreamweaver, html, pdf, scanning.