Director of Educational Innovation
The Director of Educational Innovation, a member of the senior administrative team, empowers the faculty and student community to respond flexibly and creatively to 21st century change. The DEI deploys technology, design-based thinking, flexible problem solving, joyful tinkering and a deep sense of the needs of contemporary children to seamlessly integrate technology and design-based planning and principles into our classrooms. To that end, the Director of Educational Innovation:
- develops the innovation capacity of the faculty through observation, professional development, partner teaching and collaboration.
- educates the student, faculty, administration and parent community about the benefits and challenges presented by technology in the classroom and in daily life.
- inspires and stimulates a learning environment that allows the school community, students and faculty to respond to change in a healthy, proactive, forward-looking way.
- partners with members of the community to articulate mission values and connections between ethics and technology.
- respects the reality that some teachers need more support to integrate technology than others.
- takes both a short-term and long-term view of the need for the School to change in response to social change.
- believes in the connections between media, design, art, technology, teaching and learning.
- Holds at least a Master's degree in a relevant field
- Has demonstrated leadership in a setting that allowed the candidate to demonstrate design-based thinking, flexible problem solving and joyful tinkering.
- Is innovative and creative.
- Is a self-assured and confident public speaker.
- Is patient and disciplined.
- Loves working with children.
- Collaborates with the Academic Dean on professional development for faculty in the realm of innovation.
- Collaborates on curriculum development with Academic Dean, division principals, and other leaders.
- Directs the Information Technology team to ensure that all faculty and students have access to the appropriate tools for 21st century learning.
- Supervises and oversees the work of the Information Technology team and Academic Technology Team.
- Sits on the Head of School's leadership team.
- Integrates technology and design-based thinking in varied curricula.
- Teaches 1 or 2 classes.