Academic Technology Specialist
Also see: Director of Educational Technology
We are seeking someone excited about the challenges and opportunities of 21st Century Library and Technology education for a position Academic Integrator.
The Integrator should have a clear vision of 21st Century education and the place that technology and the library can play in that vision.The Integrator will be a member of the faculty, responsible for teaching regularly scheduled classes and leading and collaborating with other teachers in the areas of Library & Technology.
The School has a tradition of excellent collaboration with the Academic Integrator. Further, the school offers real support for both technology and the library.
Qualifications: Our ideal candidate has some combination of education and/or experience in the fields of education, technology, and libraries. Previous classroom teaching an additional benefit, as is previous experience with use of various technology equipment.
Candidates are asked to submit a resume, a list of references who may be contacted, and a description of what successful library and technological integration looks like in a School with an exemplary program in those areas. A cover letter is optional. All information should be submitted electronically.
In collaboration with librarians and media specialist, lead teachers and students in:
- Knowing how changes in the world affect our understanding and practice of information and collaboration literacy
- Effectively using current and emerging technologies for information and collaboration literacy within the curriculum and all academic areas.
- Support teachers, students, and division administrators in effective use of current and emerging technologies.
- Contribute to an environment that encourages creative and independent use of instructional technology throughout the school
- Instruct users in the appropriate use of technology in an educational environment
- Model the effective use of current and new instructional technology inside and outside the classroom for teachers and students;
- Develop, implement, assess, and follow up with continuous improvements in the Information and Collaboration Literacy Curriculum K-12 in collaboration with the Libraries, ICT Director and School Principals.
- Support teachers in embedding the Information and Collaboration Literacy guidelines as part of their core curricula.
- Work with teachers and students to develop and embed current and emerging technologies that support information and collaboration literacy.
- Seek out and regularly inform teachers of appropriate global professional development opportunities.
- Encourage and support teacher and student experimentation with current and emerging technology tools and services.
- Enable teachers’ individual use of technology.
- Continually seek, disseminate, and implement new technologies and methods for teaching and learning.
- Use current research in collaboration and technology to guide decisions.
- Make and support technology-related purchasing recommendations during the budget cycle based on teacher needs and assist teachers with their technology-related budget requests.
- Coordinate shared duties with other Academic Technology Coordinators.
- Oversee and coordinate all academic technology systems, services, and labs in the division
- Document policies and procedures.
- Supervise the division IT assistant.
- Actively participate as member of the Information and Communication Technology Department.
- Develop and maintain statements of curriculum that relate to technology, including scope & sequence of technology skills.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Masters degree in Educational Technology or related field.
- Minimum of 3 years of classroom teaching experience in a homeroom or core subject at the specific division (lower or upper school).
- Minimum of 3 years experience using current and emerging technologies to support learning.
Reports to and is evaluated by:
Educational Technology Director, Technology Director, Dean of Faculty